2018년 11월 24일 토요일

Sketches at the Jeongdong observatory

a panoramic view of Seoul from the Jeongdong Observatory, 
pencil and watercolor, (36 x 51cm)

a scenery around Seoul Anglican Cathedral (대한 성공회 서울교구), 
pen and watercolor, (36 x 51cm)

Seoul City Hall and surrounding buildings, pencil, (36 x 51cm)

inside view of the Jeongdong Observatory, pen and watercolor, 
(30 x 42cm)


.
Yesterday, the weather was a bit cold and the first snow fell from dawn. The sudden sketch meetup was planned abruptly. When I went out of home it kept snowing. On the way going there the bus didn't move for long. There seemed to be a minor collision by slippery road. I arrived at the main gate of Deoksugung before 10:30 am but I couldn't find anybody looking like sketcher. I waited for somebody to join till 11am. It was so cold that I couldn't be there any more and moved to the Seoul city hall annexed building located at Seosomun near the palace. At the Jeongdong observatory (정동전망대) on 13th floor I took a seat and sketched four works. Though I couldn't meet Nick or any sketcher I could concentrate on studying and capturing the changing scenes from snow-covered roofs to shining planes. The place became to be one of attractions in Seoul. So many visitors such as tourists, citizens, and students with their teachers came and was surprised by the beautiful scenery. Snow and cold weather tested me with a difficult challenge. But I felt so happy for finishing the sketching with four sketches. It was a good "Special Experience Day" to me.
--------------------------------
하필이면 첫눈과 진눈깨비, 폭설의 번개스케치날
약속되었던 Nick도, 스케쳐 한사람도 보이지 않았습니다.
빙판길 야외는 포기하고 혼자서 정동전망대 13층에 올라
한자리에서 뜨지않고 창너머 같은 장면을 다른 구도와 시각으로
삼매경에 취해 그린 "특별한 경험의 날"이었습니다.
백날 그려도 항상 새롭게 보이는 명당입니다~~

댓글 없음: